California State University, Fresno will celebrate one of its shining accomplishments next week: diversity.
Opening Ceremonies for Diversity Week 2006 — April 2 to 7 — will be held in the Free Speech Area at noon on Monday, April 3.
“Diversify Your World: Celebrating Culture” is the theme for the wide range of events and activities scheduled throughout the week, including:
• Opening ceremonies with Native American and African dancers.
• Filmmaker Tracy Taylor showing and discussing her film on HIV/AIDS in the African-American community.
• Showing of the Academy Award-winning film “Crash”, with an opportunity for audience discussion.
• Panels on sexism and disability.
• Multicultural Food Festival.
• Get Out There Fun Fair.
• Poetry jam.
• Cineculture film showing: “Maria Full of Grace”, with guest speaker Dr. Otto Benavides. USU Productions is sponsoring a bus trip to the Museum of Tolerance on Sunday, April 2.
Organizers are the Associated Students, USU Productions and the Central Valley Cultural Heritage Institute with several sponsors.
For a calendar of Diversity Week events or for more information, contact the Central Valley Cultural Heritage Institute at 559.278.6946 or stop by University Student Union Room 306 or University Center Room 125.