The University Communications team at California State University, Fresno won 11 Image Awards and the Development Office won another in competition sponsored by the Central California chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).
During the Image Awards luncheon Friday, June 4, Fresno State was honored for work done in 2009 in poster design, special event, blog, news release, opinion piece, public service announcement, speech writing, video production and electronic publication.
“Despite challenges to our workload because of the state-mandated furloughs, our staff continued to produce creative, high-quality work as we communicate about the people, programs and Campaign for Fresno State,” said Shirley Melikian Armbruster, associate vice president for University Communications.
Awards of Excellence were presented to University Communication staff for:
- Blog, designed by Katie Johnson
- Opinion piece, written by Lanny Larson
- Public service announcement for television, directed by Jill Wagner
- News release, written by Armbruster
Awards of Merit were presented to University Communications staff for:
- News releases, written by Tom Uribes and Larson
- Video, produced by Wagner
- Speech, written by Armbruster
- Public service announcement for television, directed by Bruce Whitworth
- Posters, created by Todd Graves (two awards)
In addition, Peter Robertson of the Development Office won an Award of Merit in the Electronic Publication category with the assistance of Wagner, Johnson and Kevin Medeiros of the University Communications team.
The Image Awards program takes entries from throughout the chapter’s service area in Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, San Luis Obispo and Tulare counties. They were judged by members from a PRSA chapter in Arizona.