The 25th anniversary CSU Summer Arts season is in its final week at Fresno State – home to the combination of master classes and public performances for 12 summers – offering solo theatrical and dance performances plus student culminations.
On Wednesday, July 21, Violet Juno and Kristina Wong will offer theatrical solo performances at 7 p.m. at the Wahlberg Recital Hall in the Music Building. Tickets are $15 general; $10 for students, seniors and Fresno State staff.
At 7 p.m. Thursday, July 22, the internationally touring Diavolo Dance Theatre will perform at the John Wright Theatre in the Speech Arts Building. Tickets are $25 and $20.
Student culminations offer those taking courses from the master teachers an opportunity to show off what they’ve learned. All are free and open to the public. All are on Friday, July 23, except as noted:
- Writing Hybrid Narratives, Part 1, 4 p.m. Thursday, July 22, Conley Lecture Hall, Phebe Conley Art Building.
- Building Reactive Sculpture, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Conley Gallery, Phebe Conley Art Building.
- Diavolo: Redefining Dance, 11 a.m., John Wright Theatre.
- Writing Hybrid Narratives, Part 2, 1:30 p.m., Conley Lecture Hall.
- Solo Performance, 3 p.m., Wahlberg Recital Hall.
- Toy Design: Concept to Product, 3-8 p.m., Lyles Gallery (Speech Arts Building).
- String and Piano Intensive, 4:45 p.m., Concert Hall (Music Building).
- Ensemble Intensive with Steppenwolf Classes West, 7:30 p.m., University Courtyard (outside residence halls).