Ticket orders are being accepted by University Theatre at California State University, Fresno for the 2011-12 season, which begins with “Trenchcoat in Common, a blog turned into a play” opening Sept. 30 at the John Wright Theatre in the Speech Arts Building.
The 2009 drama by Peter Sinn Nachtrieb is about a neighbor using modern technology to spy on her neighbors and discovering secrets that could prove dangerous. J. Daniel Herring directs the University Theatre production that runs through Oct. 8.
Also part of the University Theatre season package for 2011-12 are:
- “For Colored Girls” by Niozake Shange, Oct. 28-Nov. 5, Dennis and Cheryl Woods Theatre, directed by Thomas-Whit Ellis.
- “The Tempest” by William Shakespeare, Dec. 2-10, Wright Theatre, directed by Kathleen McKinley.
- Contemporary Dance Ensemble, whose artistic director is Kenneth Ballint, Feb. 17-25, Wright Theatre.
- “Brontë” by Polly Teale, March 16-24, Woods Theatre, directed by Ruth Griffin.
- “Assassins,” music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by John Weidman, May 4-12, Wright Theatre.
Tickets for the entire season range from $115 for patrons to $50 for students with ID. Single-performance ticket sales begin Sept. 15.
For more information, visit www.csufresno.edu/theatrearts or call 559.278-2216.