Fourteen of the 40 Under 40 honorees for 2011 are Fresno State alumni and one is a member of the university’s staff.
The list is chosen by Business Street Online to honor young business professionals in Central California’s private and public sectors. The honorees are “leaders in the community and have achieved great success before the age of 40,” says Business Street Online’s press release.
Those from Fresno State are:
- Alisha Anderson (1995, Arts and Humanities), Saint Agnes Medical Foundation.
- Sandy Cha (2005, Craig School of Business), now with Wells Fargo bank.
- Joey Fernandez (2010, Arts and Humanities), with North Star Family Center.
- T. Brian Forrest (2002, College of Social Sciences), Rose Forrest Strategic Communications.
- Derek Franks (2007, College of Arts and Humanities), Fresno Grizzlies.
- Tricia Geringer (1995, Arts and Humanities), Agriculture Industry Council of California.
- Liz Gonzalez (2003, Arts and Humanities), KMPH, Fox-26.
- James Kennedy (1994, Lyles College of Engineering), Quiring General.
- Ken Kirk (2004, Business), Bank of the West.
- Matthew Mazzei (2010, Arts and Humanities), Rainbow Delegation.
- Sarah Moffat (Alumna, Social Science), Arts and Humanities), office of Sen. Dianne Feinstein.
- Christine Montanez (2002, Arts and Humanities), ACEL, Fresno charter high school.
- Angelina Garcia Nguyen (1996, Social Sciences), Housing Authorities of Fresno.
- Kathleen Rhodes Schock (staff member), Fresno State campaign communications director.
- George Smith-Takata (1997, Arts and Humanities), KGPE, CBS47.
The honorees will participate in the 40 Under 40 Ultimate Networking Event at 6 p.m. March 29 at Chukchansi Park’s CRU Club in downtown Fresno. The event is open to the public.
Tickets and additional information are available at www.40u40.com.
Alisha Anderson (1995, Arts and Humanities), Saint Agnes Medical Foundation.