With the end of the school year approaching, Fresno State offers parents a variety of academic and athletic camps, classes and clinics designed for the enrichment of their elementary, middle and high school students throughout the summer months.
Children can participate in engineering, design and entrepreneurship programs, as well as sports camps in football, baseball, basketball, soccer and volleyball to better prepare student-athletes for their upcoming seasons.
2013 offerings include:
COMP-X CAMP – For students in Grades 7-12 to teach technology, including Alice 3D graphics, MIT App Inventor, Java/Android, Problem Solving in Computing and seminar/panel with experts. DETAILS: Five full-days June 17-21; fee is $300. INFO/APPLICATIONS: Dr. Ming Li at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559.278.4792 or Comp X Summer Camp.
GEOMETRY & TECHNOLOGY ACADEMY
One-week camp offered by the Department of Mathematics for students in grades 4-8 provides a challenging and enjoyable hands-on learning opportunity. Students will learn to use dynamic geometry software, visual creation software and will explore geometric concepts to improve reasoning and mathematics thinking skills. DETAILS: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. June 17-21; registration $135. INFO: Sue Taing at 559.278.5666 or Math Academy.
KIDS Invent! – The Lyles Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Fresno State offers Kids Invent! Summer Camps that provide elementary and middle school children with hands-on applications of science and math through innovative and creative activities. INFO/registration: 559.347.3907 or Kids Invent.
- Young Inventors Full-Day Camp helps students in Grades K-3 learn math and science basics through making cars, rockets, masks and board games. DETAILS: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. July 8-12; early bird registration $225 ends June 10.
- Digital Video Full-Day Camp for students in Grades 4-8 (individual and group work on video production). DETAILS: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 24-28; early bird registration $279 ends June 10.
- Robotics Full-Day Camp for students in Grades 4-8 (robot design, construction and operation). DETAILS: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. July 15-19; early bird registration $279 ends June 10.
Bulldog Activities and Recreational Kids (BARK) offers children ages 6-12 a chance to master new sports skills, be creative, foster new friendships and have a positive experience in a safe environment. DETAILS: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. June 17-21, June 24-28, July 8-12, July 15-19 and July 22-26; registration $200/week general, $175/week Fresno State students, faculty, staff or Alumni Association members, $30/week extended care (3:30-5:30 p.m.) paid in advance; register at Bark Sports Camp. INFO: 559.347.3800.
The Bulldogs will host two camps and a series of clinics starting in June.
- The Bulldog All-Skills Camp is designed for ages 7-12 to learn the fundamentals of softball. DETAILS: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 10-12; registration $300.
- The Advanced/College ID Camp is designed for 8th graders and up and will cover the fundamentals and some advances skills like sliding, diving and situational hitting. DETAILS: 5-8 p.m. Aug. 9, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 10, and 9 a.m.-noon Aug. 11; registration $350.
- The Pitching/Hitting Clinics will allow players to work on specific skills. DETAILS: Pitching Clinics (ages 8-12) 6-7:30 p.m. July 15, Aug. 12, 26; Pitching Clinics (ages 12+) 6-7:30 p.m. July 16, Aug. 11, 27; Hitting Clinics (ages 8-12) 7:30-9 p.m. July 15, Aug. 26; Hitting Clinics (ages 12+) 7:30-9 p.m. July 16, 27. Registration: Pitching, $50/session; Catching, $50/session; same day pitching/catching season $75. INFO: Fresno Softball.
Camps for elementary, middle and high school students offer training and instruction by Fresno State coaches in baseball fundamentals. DETAILS: 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. July 15-18 and July 22-25 Junior Bulldogs (ages 6-12), registration $270; 5-6:30 p.m. (ages 7-12) and 7-8:30 p.m. (ages 13+) June 10, 17, 24 and July 1, registration $180 Bulldog Hitting Academy; 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 10-11 Prospect Camp (grades 9-junior college), registration $330. INFO: email@example.com or 408.559.9990 or Camps and Clinics.
Boys and girls ages 7-16 will train with Fresno State coaches and student-athletes to improve abilities in all aspects of basketball. DETAILS: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 10-13, June 24-27 and July 29-Aug. 1, registration $125 pre-registration (1 full week), $150 walk-up. INFO: Nick Matson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559.278.5683 or Camps and Clinics.
Three different camp options. Complete details and registration information: Camps and Clinics or 559.278.3015:
- Battle in the Valley: 7-On-7 Team Passing Camp — Teams will compete in pool-play to determine seeding for the championship tournament. Games will consist of two 15-minute halves with a five-minute halftime. DETAILS: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. June 8; $275 per team (25 players max.) High school coach must register teams.
- Individual Skills Camp: Skills and techniques for students entering Grades 9-12. DETAILS: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 9; registration $90/individual.
- Camp of Champions Team Camp – Provides teams with the opportunity to further develop their offensive and defensive schemes against live competition for players entering grades 9-12. DETAILS: June 13-16 and June 20-23; registration, overnight campers $315/player (less than 50 players), $300/player (50-59 players), $285/player (60-69 players), $270/player (70-79 players), $255/player (more than 80 players), commuters $130/player.
- Youth Camp – For players entering grades K-8. DETAILS: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 17-18; registration $99, $15/day extended care (3-5 p.m.)
Fresno State Women’s Lacrosse Camps provides individuals with opportunities to further develop individual skills, fundamentals and team concepts. DETAILS: May 31- June 1; registration $295 residential, $175 commuter. INFO/registration: Coach Julia Decker at 559.392.4403 or email@example.com or Camps and Clinics.
Challenging, fun and supportive camps for students looking to further develop soccer skills-
- Young Bulldog Summer Camp for students ages 5-12 will learn and develop all of the basic skills necessary to be successful in the sport of soccer. DETAILS: June 19-21, July 1-3, 9-11, 16-18, and 23-25; registration $99. All camps run from 9 a.m.-noon. INFO/Registration: 559.278.6185 or Go Bulldogs.
- Bulldog Residential Camp for students ages 14 and over to develop players in the advanced techniques and tactics necessary to excel at the college level. DETAILS: June 24-26; registration $200. INFO/Registration: 559.278.6185 or Go Bulldogs.
Information about additional summer sports camps is available at www.gobulldogs.com.
(Copy by University Communications student news assistant Alejandra Garcia.)[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]