Five presentations in the spring 2014 Leon S. Peters Ethics Lecture Series range from religion to ethical issues in Latin America. The series kicks off 5-6 p.m. Wednesday, March 19 with Randy Archibold, New York Times bureau chief for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
Archibold will discuss “Ethical Issues in Reporting in Latin America” at the Alice Peters Auditorium in the Peter’s Business Building (5245 N. Backer Ave.).
He also will discuss “Mass Media and Society” from 12:30-2 p.m. Thursday, in the Alice Peters Auditorium.
The other talks scheduled are:
- Saturday, Mar. 29 (8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.) — The Professional Ethics for Educators Workshop in the Residence Dining Hall featuring Dr. Jack Benninga, director of the Bonner Center for Character Education at Fresno State, Dr. Steve Johnson, director of Character Education at the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara, and Dr. Andrew Fiala, director of the Ethics Center at Fresno State.
- Wednesday, April 2 (5-6 p.m.) — Dr. Phil Zuckerman, professor of sociology at Pitzer College, will discuss “Society without God” in the Alice Peters Auditorium. He is the author of “Faith No More, Society without God and Living the Secular Life.”
- Wednesday, April 30 (5-7 p.m. ) — “Blending Realities: The Impending Convergence of Physical and Virtual Worlds” in the Music Building, room 160, will feature Fresno State faculty: Dr. TwoTrees, philosophy, Dr. Lorin Lachs, psychology, and Dr. Andrew Jones, sociology.
- Tuesday, May 6 (5:30-6:30 p.m.) – Dr. Jeffrey P. Fry, Ball State University philosophy professor will discuss “Sport, Brains, and Ethics” in the Alice Peters Auditorium.
For more information about the series contact Dr. Andrew Fiala at email@example.com.
For information about the Archibold talk contact Dr. Annabella España-Nájera, assistant professor in the Chicano and Latin American Studies Department, at 559.278.3020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(University Communications news assistant Juana Mosqueda contributed to this report).
- Bonner Center for Character Education
- Character Education at the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics
- Ethics Center
- Ethics Lecture Series flyer
- Chicano and Latin American Studies
- Campus map