The Central California chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) presented eight awards to Fresno State’s Office of University Communications team and four awards to the Fresno State Alumni Association for work completed in 2013, during its Image Awards luncheon Thursday, May 8.
The University Communications’ Awards of Excellence were presented for:
- Magazine – FresnoState Magazine, fall 2103 issue. Eddie Hughes, editor.
- Magazine article – “President Castro: Student success is top priority,” Eddie Hughes, writer.
- Video – Retirement tribute to President Welty, Randy Haar, videographer and Kathleen Schock, producer.
- Speech – Fall Assembly, Shirley Armbruster.
- Opinion piece – Armbruster.
- Website – CompSAT, developed for the State Department of Education, Kevin Medeiros, designer.
Awards of Merit were presented to Armbruster, for Speech – Tulare County ProYouth Annual Breakfast, and Todd Graves for Brochure – Campus Viewbook. Graves was also recognized for his logo design of the chapter’s 15th anniversary awards ceremony.
The Fresno State Alumni Association team won Awards of Excellence for:
- Brochure – Weddings at Smittcamp Alumni House, Jennifer Burgess and Hank Charles.
- Media Kit – Bulldog Pride, Peter Robertson.
- Multimedia – Grad in a Box, Blair Smittcamp and Jacqui Glasener.
An award of Merit was presented to Smittcamp and Glasener for Video – “Hump Day Hangouts.”
The Image Awards are produced annually by the Central California Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America and recognize works of distinction by public relations professionals in the Central Valley.
The Image Awards program takes entries from throughout the chapter’s service area in Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Tulare and San Luis Obispo counties. They were judged by members from another PRSA chapter.