The Fresno State Alumni Association has received $49,000 in new donations that will create six new endowed scholarships.
At its recent meeting, the Alumni Association board established the:
- Marvin and Jane Baxter Scholarship — $10,000 gift to support students majoring in education and/or liberal studies;
- Alan Button Memorial Scholarship — $5,000 gift to support students majoring in psychology;
- Chicano Alumni Club Scholarship — $14,000 gift to support students with an interest in Hispanic culture;
- Charlotte J. Dandridge Memorial Scholarship — $10,000 gift to support students pursuing a teaching credential;
- Stan Oken Scholarship — $5,000 gift to support students interested in public service careers; and
- Nathan Ray Memorial Scholarship — $5,000 gift to support students in the marching band.
Future earnings from the $49,000 in donations provided to the Alumni Association endowment fund will assist a diverse group of Fresno State students, said Jacquelyn Glasener, the director of the Alumni Association.
“Fulfilling our mission to support student success has been made possible by our generous donors, as well as our chapters and clubs,” Glasener said.
The Fresno State Alumni Association provides $140,000 annually in student scholarships. Scholars are publically recognized annually at the Top Dog Alumni Awards Gala held at the Save Mart Center each fall during homecoming week.
The Fresno Alumni Association leads the 23-campus California State University system in endowed scholarship giving.
For more information, contact Glasener or Peter Robertson, director of marketing and engagement, at 559.278.2586.