(August 24, 2015) — Heavy traffic is expected this week with students and faculty returning to campus. Fresno State’s fall semester begins Tuesday, Aug. 25.
Several construction projects are ongoing, so anyone coming to campus is advised to plan for delays accordingly.
Traffic operations personnel will be on site to direct traffic as needed. Parking is enforced Monday through Friday. Permits may be obtained online at http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/traffic/permits/student.html.
For today’s New Student Convocation, parking is not being enforced in the Save Mart Center lots.
Here is an update of construction activity for the week of Aug. 24 (see also http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/facilitiesmanagement/electrical-inf-upgrade/index.html) or on Twitter @FSAdmnServices.
Parking lots temporarily or intermittently unavailable in sections:
- P12, near the Print Shop – map
- P5, east of Joyal Administration
- P27, sections of sidewalk will be intermittently closed as needed
- P30 – map
Sections of sidewalk temporarily or intermittently closed in sections:
- Between McKee Fisk and Professional/Human Services building
- Woodrow Avenue by the Print Shop – map
- Between Student Health Center and Lab School – map
- Northeast corner of McLane Hall
- Southeast corner of Joyal Administration building
- Between University Center and Madden Library
- Between University Student Union and Professional/Human Services building
Vehicle paths of travel temporarily or intermittently unavailable in sections:
- Campus Drive closed to north bound traffic from Barstow Avenue to San Ramon Avenue
- Woodrow Avenue
- Jackson Avenue by Student Health Center (map) and by San Ramon Avenue
- Barstow Avenue, sections of sidewalk will be intermittently closed as needed
- Shaw Avenue frontage road will be temporarily closed
Barricades and signage to redirect vehicle and pedestrian traffic will be displayed throughout construction areas.